Tuesday, June 7, 2011

a few tricks for the summer...

i received a couple forwards with some good information i wanted to share, i dont know if this stuff works but its worth a shot to find out! 

Ticks -   to get rid of a tick thats sunk itself into you
 
"Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball.  Cover the tick
with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few
seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on its own and be
stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.   This
technique has worked every time I've used it (and that
was frequently, and it's much less traumatic for the
patient and easier for me.."
--- information received from a pediatrician.

another is to rid of mosquito's

"I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared. The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I don't leave home without it."


I am definitely going to try these tips out and I'll comment on how it works!  if  you beat me to it let me know what you thought, id love to hear some feedback! 









No comments:

Post a Comment